SUMMARY: The primary function of the Property Manager is to administer all tenant leases, maintain all aspects of the physical property in accordance with the operating budget and the management of construction projects which includes estimating, scheduling, contracting and managing vendors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be familiar with the lease for each tenant and administer the lease accordingly
- Address the inquiries and concerns of all tenants promptly.
- Communicate with tenants as to their obligations under their lease and concerning circumstances at each property that affect their safety, comfort and/or enjoyment of the premises.
- Ensure that all areas of the property are maintained in a safe condition that minimizes any liability of the landlord. This includes inspecting, testing and maintaining all life safety systems (fire alarm, sprinkler system).
- Conduct the selection of various service providers and material suppliers using approved bidding procedures and administer all contracts with such service providers or material suppliers
- Assist in preparation of an annual operating budget for each assigned property in accordance with the format and schedule provided by the company.
- Maintain property records, files and drawings.
- Participate in bi-weekly leasing meetings. Collaborate with asset management and leasing staff in developing construction estimates for potential tenants.
- Coordinate and supervise the activities of the building engineer and property assistant.
- Process and approve invoices. Ensure work is completed in accordance with the scope and cost of the contracts.
- Respond to after-hours emergency calls.
- Work as a team player and interact with all BPG Management employees to achieve company goals.
- Management of mortgage assessments, insurance requirements, and all governing agency compliance.
- Perform cost estimates and scheduling.
- Negotiate, contract, schedule, supervise and direct for services to Architects, Engineers, Contractors, Sub-contractors, Vendors, City or Governmental municipalities, utility companies, or any specific professional services required.
- Review with architect the project details so they have the information required for plans to be drawn.
- Coordinate the plan preparation and permit process with Architect.
- Upon receipt of final plans, obtain a full set of completed drawings with initials indicating approval by everyone needed.
- Create and monitor a construction schedule.
- Notify tenant and communicate with tenant plans for construction.
- Prepare bid package and send out to prospective vendors.
- Review and de-scope the bids when submitted.
- Supervise and manage daily activities of the construction job.
- Coordinate with the City for permits and plan review responses.
- Provide estimates to the Leasing Agent as requested.
- Prepare draft contracts and Purchase Requisitions for processing by the clerical dept. Prepare draft proposals for processing by clerical dept.
- Participate in bi-weekly development meetings to review project status.
- Maintain a record set of plans, ensure that all plans and specifications are dated correctly, and maintain tenant files during the duration of the construction.
- Review and approve contractor invoices for payment
- Stay current on progressive construction methods or materials and where appropriate, suggest better or more cost-effective ways for us to accomplish the task.
Please forward resume and cover letter to email@example.com.