PROPERTY MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT – JOB DESCRIPTION
Responsibilities of the Property Management Assistant include answering the telephone and responding to requests from tenants, rent collection; tenant billings; review of invoices and allocation of charges to the proper expense category; report generation; preparation of contract bid documents, contracts, annual billing summaries, budgets, monthly variance reports, and updating certificates of insurance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
- Review all charges on invoices from vendors/suppliers for the necessary utilities, supplies and services to operate the property and allocate charges to the proper expense category.
- Prepare invoices for special services offered to customers.
- Maintain vendor insurance records.
- Assist Property Manager with budget preparation, as requested.
- Coordinate tenant move-ins/move-outs.
- Oversee and maintain building systems such as: work order system, purchase order logs, invoice logs, process invoices in Nexus, etc.
- Maintain and update databases relative to tenant contacts, vendor contacts, and property information.
- Maintain updated property records, files, and drawings.
- Obtain insurance certificates from tenants and follow-up on expirations and/or renewals.
- Create and maintain lease files for all tenants including leases and lease amendments, correspondence, billing information and tenant fit-out information, drawings, and specifications.
- Prepare incident reports for property or liability claims.
- Assist with preparation, organization, and implementation of other property management functions as required.
- Attend bi-weekly meetings for both leasing and property management.
- Answer incoming calls and greet guests.
- Preparation of letter, filing, and other administrative task, as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Associates Degree desired.
Work experience is a plus, preferably in a property or facility management position.
Please forward resume and cover letter to email@example.com.